The Staff of the Testing and Assessment Office seeks to provide high quality testing services that help students achieve their academic and professional goals and is committed to the values put forth in this mission statement:
- We welcome and serve a diverse student population reflecting the community we serve.
- We provide the highest quality of professional service to prospective and enrolled students by ensuring effective communication and support of college testing policies and standards.
- We support early college awareness programs by providing placement testing to high school students and others who may not have had the opportunity to complete their high school education and to pursue higher education.
- We foster student confidence in their ability to engage in this academic endeavor by making the placement process supportive, informative, accessible and inclusive.
- We provide testing for Accuplacer, TEAS, HiSET and Biology Challenge Exam, according the standards and proctoring guidelines set forth as mandatory for each testing program.
- We work collaboratively with other Enrollment Management offices (Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid and Advisement and Counseling) as part of a comprehensive EM model, as well as with the Business Office, to ensure that all prospective and current students receive a quality experience in their introduction to the college, one that will enable them to achieve their personal and educational goals.