As a united council of faculty, staff, students, and administrators, the PCDI strives to achieve the following goals:
- Support, coordinate, or implement programs, seminars, and workshops community-wide that explore diversity issues for faculty, staff, and students.
- Promote the development and communication of existing policies and promote diversity and inclusiveness.
- Identify and promote the development of new initiatives and strategies designed to enhance the student and employee experience at Massasoit.
- Support and advocate for a campus environment that facilitates retention of diverse faculty, staff, and management.
- Promote awareness of and sensitivity to issues of equity and diversity at the College.
- Address current equity/diversity issues on campus.
- Serve as the College forum to address issues of equity and diversity in a proactive and constructive manner.