Reflection Room Policies
Your Peaceful Campus Retreat Policies
Use of this space requires tolerance of all faiths, spiritual beliefs and practices. To ensure this space is peaceful and used for the purpose of personal reflection, we kindly ask users to abide by the following rules:
- Use is restricted to the purposes of personal reflection, meditation or prayer.
- The space is open to all students, faculty, and staff of Massasoit Community College and its affiliated programs at all times during the operating hours of the building. The Reflection Room will be closed during College breaks.
- Noise, including conversation, music, singing or audible chanting, is prohibited and efforts should be taken to keep all sound to the strictest minimum.
- Any form of solicitation is prohibited.
- Sleeping is prohibited.
- Please limit your stay to 30 minutes. (1 hour for group reservations.)
- The Reflection Room is not intended as a study space. Please use other areas of the campus, including the library, for this purpose.
- Please keep the room as quiet as possible. Be mindful of time and noise, and sensitive to the needs of others using the room.
- No use of electronic devices is permitted.
- No food or beverages are allowed.
- No candles, incense, any open/closed flames, fragrance or scent emitters are permitted.
- Keep the room clean.
- Materials already provided in the room must be returned. Furniture must remain in the room, and returned to original position(s).
Violation of the requirements may result in banning of users from the space. Faculty, staff, and students are expected to act in a way that is consistent with applicable College codes of conduct. Abuse of the Reflection Room by users or groups will be handled by the Unity Center, the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, and, if necessary, the Massasoit Police. If continued/repeated abuses appear, this policy may be modified to prevent continued abuse.
Please contact the Unity Center at email@example.com, or 508-588-9100 x1416 for reservations, questions, and concerns.
Affirmative Action Policy
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Chief Diversity Officer & Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 508-588-9100 x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Associate Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Joseph DiMaria, 508-588-9100 x1417, Brockton Campus, Student Center, Room 208A, email@example.com, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.