Types of Student Internships
Students may be eligible for credit-bearing internships or non-credit internships.
- Provide 3 college credits to students who successfully complete the internship
- Require 135 hours of on-site work and 15 hours of class time over the course of one semester
- Require an average of 9 hours of work per week and one hour of class time per week over the course of one semester
- Require 64 hours of on-site work over the course of one semester
- Require the completion of a number of brief reflection writing assignments over the course of the semester
- Appear on students’ transcripts as non-credit experiences
Massasoit Community College encourages host companies to offer paid internship opportunities to students.
Note: Not all internship opportunities are paid. Please read internship descriptions carefully to identify whether an internship is paid or not.