Student COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
To register for face-to-face and/or hybrid courses for our upcoming Summer and Fall semesters, you are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to registration by uploading to the Student COVID Vaccination Status Form.
Boosters are not required at this time, but the college strongly encourages you to get your booster.
The Student Vaccination Policy applies to:
- All full-time and part-time students who access a Massasoit location for any reason, including taking credit and non-credit courses with some face-to-face component, regardless of the location of the course (e.g. clinical site, high school).
- Students who are required by program or activity to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of participation (e.g. athletics, healthcare programs, clinical placements) even if they do not access a college location.
Current students who are accessing college locations for in-person services, such as tutoring, admissions or advising appointments, computer lab or quiet study space use, or for clubs and events, are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have a valid COVID-19 accommodation. Students who have a current myMassasoit login must upload their vaccination card to the Student COVID Vaccination Status Form.
The Student Vaccination Policy does not apply to:
- Students who are taking only online courses, whether full-time or part-time, credit or non-credit, and who will not access a college location in-person for any reason, including instruction, advising, library services, activities, clubs, and/or other purposes.
Students who are unable to submit verification of full vaccination status may seek a reasonable accommodation in order to comply with the Student Vaccination Policy.
- Please refer to the Student Vaccination Policy prior to requesting a reasonable accommodation.
- Do not delay or you may not be able to register for upcoming classes in a timely manner.
- Please submit the Student COVID Vaccination Status Form or Request a COVID-19 Vaccine Accommodation as soon as possible to allow adequate time for review and consideration. Students will not be permitted to register for in-person classes while an accommodation request is pending. It is important to plan accordingly.
- Any requests for reasonable accommodations, including requests to be exempt from vaccine requirements for medical or religious reasons, will be considered consistent with applicable laws, legal guidance and the Policy on Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity & Diversity. This process requires a detailed application and, in some cases, supporting documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the individualized nature of the review process, it may take several weeks for a decision to be made about a student’s ability to receive a reasonable accommodation. The accommodation will only be granted if it does not create an undue hardship for the college and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others in a learning and working environment.