COVID-19 Student Emergency Grants
COVID-19 Student Emergency and Technology Grants
The CARES Act, which established and funded the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, and the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund, have provided Massasoit Community College with funding to provide emergency financial grants to students for costs and financial challenges incurred as a result of the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19.
Distribution of Funds to Eligible Students
Massasoit Community College will distribute CARES Act funding in a way that prioritizes students with the greatest demonstrated financial need and while also ensuring that funds are distributed as widely as possible in accordance with federal and state regulations and non-discrimination laws.
CARES Act funding will be distributed on an ongoing basis to eligible students who complete an emergency and technology grant application until funding has been depleted.
Emergency grants are currently available to students who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Are enrolled, or intend to enroll, at Massasoit in a degree or eligible certificate program for the Spring 2021 semester
- Students must be Massachusetts residents and demonstrate need for emergency financial assistance due to circumstances related to COVID-19 that might impact their ability to continue their education.
- Students must have completed a 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have submitted all requested verification documentation.
- Students must be eligible to participate in Title IV federal financial programs and have not already earned a baccalaureate or professional degree. The criteria to be a Title IV-eligible student include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be maintaining satisfactory academic progress if currently enrolled;
- Must be in compliance with Selective Service registration requirements, if applicable;
- Must not be in default of a Title IV or state educational loan, owe a federal or state grant overpayment, or have received Title IV aid in excess of annual or aggregate limits;
- Must be a U.S citizen or national, a permanent resident, or an eligible non-citizen, as defined by Federal Student Aid; and
- Must have a valid social security number.
Please note that students who are not eligible for an emergency grant, including international students, undocumented students, and students with DACA, are still encouraged to complete a grant application if experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19. Funding for these students may be provided through institutional grants based on funding availability.
- If you have not already done so, complete a 2020-2021 FAFSA application. Be sure to list Massasoit Community College in the School Selection section.
- Complete an emergency and technology grant application.
- Provide any additional information or documentation that is requested as soon as possible.
In order to distribute these funds smoothly and quickly, please confirm and update your personal information. Instructions are available at this link.
After your application has been reviewed, an email will be sent to your Massasoit email account to confirm if you are eligible for a grant. If you are eligible, your grant will be disbursed to you or applied to your student account to cover tuition and fees as soon as possible, with no further action required on your part. These funds do not need to be repaid.
If you have any questions about this email or your grant eligibility, please send an email from your Massasoit account to firstname.lastname@example.org
The college’s reporting information is available at this link.