COVID-19 Student Emergency Grants
COVID-19 Student Emergency and Technology Grants
Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA – HEERF II)
Massasoit Community College has received additional funds for student emergency grants from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II), part of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, which was signed into law on December 27, 2020.
These funds were provided by the federal government and are intended to assist students in paying for any educational-related expense, including outstanding tuition and fees, as well as for emergency expenses related to the coronavirus pandemic, such as housing, food, technology, health care, or child care expenses.
Distribution of Funds to Eligible Students
Massasoit Community College will distribute remaining HEERF II funding through an application process that will prioritize the awarding of grants to students with the greatest demonstrated financial need while also ensuring that funds are distributed as widely as possible in accordance with federal and state regulations and non-discrimination laws.
Funding will be distributed on an ongoing basis to eligible students who complete an emergency and technology grant application until funding has been depleted.
Emergency grants are currently available to students who:
- Are or were enrolled at Massasoit on or after March 13, 2020, and
- Have an expected family contribution of < 6001 on either the 2020-2021 and/or 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or
- Have eligibility for federal or state need-based financial assistance, or
- Are able to demonstrate via the application process that they are experiencing a financial hardship (including but not limited to the loss of employment, reduced income, or food or housing insecurity) or who have emergency expenses related to COVID.
In addition to U.S. citizens and permanent residents, refugees, asylum seekers, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients, other DREAMers, and similar undocumented students are now eligible for student grants.
Grants may also be available to international, nondegree, noncredit, corporate and community education students and dual enrollment students, as well as students who have graduated or withdrawn.
- Complete an emergency and technology grant application.
- Provide any additional information or documentation that is requested as soon as possible.
In order to distribute these funds smoothly and quickly, please confirm and update your personal information. Instructions are available at this link.
After your application has been reviewed, an email will be sent to your Massasoit email account to confirm if you are eligible for a grant. These funds do not need to be repaid.
If you have any questions about this email or your grant eligibility, please send an email from your Massasoit account to firstname.lastname@example.org
The college’s reporting information is available at this link.