Finance Your Education
With the support of your military and veteran benefits, obtaining an education at Massasoit Community College is made easier for you!
Below is a list of hyperlinked, educational benefits for veterans, active military (including reserves and guard) and their family members. We encourage prospective and current students to leverage their education by having a thorough understanding of their educational entitlements. Note: Massasoit Veteran Center staff members do not determine benefit eligibility or entitlements. However, we can advise you on the application process if you call, email or schedule an appointment.
- Montgomery GI Bill® (VA, MGIB, Chapter 30)
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VA, VR&E, Chapter 31)
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (VA, Chapter 33) – Most utilized benefit for military/veterans
NOTE: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
At 100% benefit entitlement, students are eligible for the following:
- Tuition and Fees: 100%
- Annual Book Stipend: $1000
- Monthly Housing Allowance: $3012.00 – BAH subject to change
* Students less than 100% entitlement will receive prorated amounts for: tuition and fees, book stipend and housing allowance.
* Military members may also be eligible for Post 9/11 and MGIB.
- Massachusetts National Guard Tuition and Fee Waiver (Mass State Benefit)
- Federal Tuition Assistance (DoD)
- Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve (VA, MGIB-SR, Chapter 1606)
Veterans and Military Family Members
- MyCAA (DoD)
- Survivor and Dependents Assistance (VA, DEA, Chapter 35)
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant David Fry Scholarship (VA, Fry Scholarship)
Federal and State Financial Aid
The Massasoit Community College Financial Aid Office is also available to assist current and former service members with applying for and obtaining federal and state financial aid for which you may be eligible. Please visit the Financial Aid Office website for more information regarding financial aid programs, the financial aid application process, and Financial Aid Office contact information. Also, visit our Military Tuition Assistance page for more info.