Massasoit Campus Bookstores
Located on the Brockton and Canton campuses, the bookstores are the place to go to get your textbooks and other materials important to your Massasoit experience.
Massasoit’s Online Bookstore at Barnes & Noble
Bookstore Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I buy textbooks and supplies?
The Brockton Campus Bookstore is open. All materials can be ordered online at the bookstore website.
What are the Brockton bookstore’s hours?
During the month of September, the bookstore will be open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday and Friday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
For October, November and December the bookstore will be open 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on Fridays.
For Rental check ins we will be open December 19 to 23 from 9-5.
What are the Canton bookstore’s hours?
Canton Textbooks will be available for purchase in the Brockton Bookstore or online until Sept 2. From this date on until Sept 18, Canton course materials will be unavailable to purchase online, any orders placed will be canceled. Canton online orders will resume to be fulfilled beginning on Sept 19.
The Canton bookstore will be open from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on the following days: September 7,8,9 and then 12,13,14,15. After this period, all textbooks will be available for purchase online or at the Brockton Campus bookstore resuming on Sept 19.
Where do I purchase uniforms or art supplies?
All course required materials will be in stock in the Brockton bookstore.
I purchased an e-book but can’t access it. What do I do?
Go to yuzu.com and enter your credentials from when you purchased your ebook from our site and your ebook will be available to you.
Instructions to Order and Redeem Digital Materials
1. Scan the QR code provided by your professor with your camera. You may need to tap the screen to do this. You should see a link pop up on your phone.
2. Click the link. This will take you directly to your course material on the bookstore website.
3. Add the item to your cart and proceed to check out.
a. If you need to order materials for your other courses, please add them to your cart before checking out. Orders over $75 qualify for free shipping, so ordering all materials at once is beneficial.
4. If you have a bookstore account, please log in. Otherwise, you will be prompted to create an account.
5. If you are paying with your Book Advance, please enter your student ID number with 22 replacing the V.
a. For example, V00123456 should be entered as 2200123456.
b. If you do not enter your student ID with this format, your order will be cancelled because we are unable to process it.
6. There is a 10-15 minute delay after placing your order before it is received by the bookstore. After you receive confirmation that your order has been processed, your digital materials will be ready to access.
7. Log in to yuzu.com with the email and password you used to place your order on the bookstore website and select the option on the left side of your screen. You should see your item on your bookshelf once you log in. If you do not, please contact the bookstore immediately with your order number. We cannot assist you without your order information.
8. If you have ordered an access code, click on the “Start Reading” button.
9. There should be a pop-up on the top right corner of the page. It will say “Click here to reveal your access code.” Click the link, and you should see your access code. The button to the right will copy it for you.
10. If you have any issues, you can reach out to Yuzu Customer Service. They typically respond to emails within 24 hours, and have hold times of 10 minutes.
a. Phone: 844-989-8669
b. Email: email@example.com
Can I rent a book without using my credit card?
No, all rentals require a credit card on file in case you wish to later purchase the rental or to cover its replacement if lost at a later date.
Can I write or highlight in a rental book?
Normal note taking and highlighting is allowed. Please return the rental in a re-saleable condition.
How can I contact the bookstore?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible or you may leave a voicemail at 508 588 9100 ext. 1156.
Please note, Canton orders cannot be selected for in store pickup but must be purchased in store on Sept 7,8,9,12,13,14,15 or online, resuming on Sept 19.
Can I get a refund for a text book?
All purchases can be returned for a full refund within the first 2 weeks of classes until Sept 23 by mailing them in or by bringing them into the bookstore. Please include your receipt/web invoice and a small note that has your name, phone number, or order number that we can use to look up your order. Refunds can take up to seven days to process back to your credit card. Access codes that have been activated cannot be refunded. All e-book refunds must be handled email@example.com. Returns using financial aid must be processed before Sept 23.
How can I get a refund on a book for a class I dropped?
Full refunds can be given up to Sept 23 provided books are still in the same condition they were sold in, and access codes were not redeemed once you have mailed it back to us with the receipt/ web invoice.
Can I get a refund for a non-book item?
Purchases can be returned for a full refund up to 30 days of purchase with receipt/ web invoice, except for laptops which can only be exchanged if defective.
What happens to financial aid money I do not use at the bookstore?
Please contact the Financial Aid office for details.
Does the bookstore rent calculators?
No. Massasoit has a Calculator rental program through the library. Students must complete a rental form.
I am having trouble with my purchased laptop. What can I do?
Within the first two weeks from the date of purchase an exchange can be made if defective. After that period, please contact the manufacturer for their warranty coverage.
When can I sell used textbooks back to the bookstore?
You can sell your textbooks back to us December 19 to 30 for cash. You must present a photo ID. If the books are being used in the next semester, you may get up to 50% of what you paid for the book. Prices are dependent on how many students sell that book back to us, so bring them in as soon as possible!
Can I use financial aid online?
From August 15 until Sept 23, financial aid is available to use for all eligible purchases with a valid MASSASOIT ID card. Student financial aid can be used to purchase anything online except gift cards. Third-party, or Mass Rehab, have their own defined limits on purchases. If unsure, please speak to your counselor. VA students will need to enter their PO instead of their student ID number.
How much is shipping?
All orders will cost $7.99 for ground shipping. All orders go out using UPS Ground which takes 2 to 3 days within Massachusetts. Please note that Massasoit Book Vouchers only cover standard ground shipping.
What if I need help finding my books after I have checked the website?
Please email your course, course number, and section to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look it up for you. (e.g. Math-101 sect w20).
Can I pick up my books on campus?
Yes. Please order your items using the “pick up in-store” option. Please wait for the second email that says your order is ready. You will need to present a picture ID to pick up online orders. Others cannot pick up orders for you. Online orders made for a pickup cannot be changed to shipping.