Virtual Engagement Opportunities
Fitness & Mindfulness
During stressful times, it is more important than ever to engage in physical fitness and stress relief activities. Here are some virtual ways to stay healthy.
- CorePower Yoga has on demand classes and DownDog App is available for free until 7/1/2020 with your Massasoit.edu email.
- The Peloton App offers a free 90 daytrial- a mix of running, strength, toning, cycling, yoga, meditation and outdoor workouts.
- FIT On is a free app with hundreds of different on demand workouts.
- Follow Planet Fitness’ Facebook pagefor live-streamed fitness workouts several times a day.
- New to the practice of mindfulness? Check out these apps to find one for you.
- UCLA Meditations are available in English and Spanish.
- Ten Percent Happier provides free mindfulness meditations daily Monday-Friday at 3 pm EST.
Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! Just want a cute and cuddly distraction? Check out several different animal live cam options from watching silly sea otters and curious elephants or just mellow out to the hypnotic drifting jellyfish.
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Atlanta’s Zoo Panda Cam
- Georgia Aquarium
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Explore Live Cams
- Cincinnati Zoo has daily Facebook lives at 3 pm EST and past ones are archived.
Virtual Art Activities
Get your creative juices flowing and learn some new skills with these virtual art classes and coloring pages.
- Join the McHarper Manorweekdays on Facebook at 1 p.m. EST for a daily art project tutorial. Art projects will range from watercolor paintings to chalk art to canvas painting. Can’t make that time? Check out the archived videos.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems!Join Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home for a live daily doodle lesson at 1 p.m. EST or check the YouTube channel for archived videos.
- Deb’s Virtual Art Schooltakes place on Facebook Monday-Friday at 2 p.m. EST.
- Dav Pilkey’s Drawing Demonstrations may be viewed on a variety of platforms.
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the “Color Our Collections”campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world or choose from thousands of coloring pages for adults.
Virtual Museum Tours
Experience the best museums from NYC to France to Seoul in the comfort of your own home. Check out these sites to go on virtual tours of different museums and specific exhibits.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art – New York
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art – Korea
- Van Gogh Museum – Amsterdam
- National Museum of Anthropology – Mexico City
- British Museum – London
- Fuller Craft Museum – Brockton, MA
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Guggenheim Museum – New York
- Musee d’Orsay – Paris
- Pergamon Museum – Berlin
- Rijksmusem – Amsterdam
- The J. Paul Getty Museum – Los Angeles, CA
- Uffizi Gallery – Florence, Italy
- MASP – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Museum of Fine Arts – Boston
Trip cancelled? Longing to travel and explore? Try one of these sites to virtually transport yourself to another place.
- Yosemite National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Great Wall of China
- Ellis Island
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Disneyland Virtual Rides
Disney World Rides
- Space Mountain
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Slinky Dog Dash
- It’s a Small World
- Frozen Ever After
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
While there are thousands of online games available, here are just a few to get you started.
Looking to make a difference or contribute to society in some way?
- Learn how to sew Face Masks to donate to local hospitals and medical offices and go to Masks for Massachusetts on Facebook to find out where to donate them.
- Transcribe documents for the Smithsonian
- UN Volunteers has hundreds of online volunteer opportunities
Learn New Skills
Have you always wished you had time to learn to cook, budget, or learn a new language?
- Basic Cooking Skills by Gordon Ramsey
- Watch the South Shore Bank Financial Education Presentation for Massasoit that was held in Fall 2019.
- Learn how to budget with YNAB – You Need A Budget. College students get a free one year membership.
- Learn a new language for free with Rosetta Stoneor Duolingo.
More fun things to do!
- Visit Hogwart’s Digital Escape Room
- Have a Netflix Party with friendswhile watching your favorite shows together!
- Choose from 15 Broadway plays and musicalsthat you can watch on stage from home. Musical television more your thing? Find your next show to binge watch on the list of 11 musical TV shows.
- Create a collaborative playlistwith your friends.
- Need a new book to read? Borrow an ebook from the Boston Public Library. Don’t have a BPL library card? Sign up for an e-card.
- Watch a Ted Talkon a topic of interest.
- Take up a new hobby like making towel animalsor crocheting, or choose from thousands of other tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Listen to a live recording from the Seattle Symphony or the Boston Symphony Orchestra.