Virtual Engagement Opportunities
Fitness & Mindfulness
During stressful times, it is more important than ever to engage in physical fitness and stress relief activities. Here are some virtual ways to stay healthy.
- CorePower Yoga has on demand classes.
- The Peloton App offers a free 30 day trial- a mix of running, strength, toning, cycling, yoga, meditation and outdoor workouts.
- FIT On is a free app with hundreds of different on demand workouts.
- Check out Planet Fitness’ United We Move playlist on YouTube for almost 300 free workouts.
- New to the practice of mindfulness? Check out these apps to find one for you.
- UCLA Meditations are available in English and Spanish.
- Ten Percent Happier provides free mindfulness meditations and weekly podcasts.
Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! Just want a cute and cuddly distraction? Check out several different animal live cam options from watching silly sea otters and curious elephants or just mellow out to the hypnotic drifting jellyfish.
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Atlanta’s Zoo Panda Cam
- Georgia Aquarium
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Explore Live Cams
Virtual Art Activities
Get your creative juices flowing and learn some new skills with these virtual art classes and coloring pages.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems!
- Follow The Drawing Lab for drawing challenges and to access Deb’s Virtual Art School videos.
- Dav Pilkey’s Drawing Demonstrations
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the “Color Our Collections”campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world or choose from thousands of coloring pages for adults.
Virtual Museum Tours
Experience the best museums from NYC to France to Seoul in the comfort of your own home. Check out these sites to go on virtual tours of different museums and specific exhibits.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art – New York
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art – Korea
- Van Gogh Museum – Amsterdam
- National Museum of Anthropology – Mexico City
- British Museum – London
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Guggenheim Museum – New York
- Musee d’Orsay – Paris
- Pergamon Museum – Berlin
- Rijksmusem – Amsterdam
- The J. Paul Getty Museum – Los Angeles, CA
- Uffizi Gallery – Florence, Italy
- MASP – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Museum of Fine Arts – Boston
Take a virtual tour of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston or visit in person for free! Contact email@example.com for the student discount code!
Trip cancelled? Longing to travel and explore? Try one of these sites to virtually transport yourself to another place.
- Yosemite National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Ellis Island
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Disneyland Virtual Rides
Disney World Rides
- Space Mountain
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Slinky Dog Dash
- It’s a Small World
- Frozen Ever After
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
While there are thousands of online games available, here are just a few to get you started.
Looking to make a difference or contribute to society in some way? Learn how to become a virtual volunteer.
Learn New Skills
Have you always wished you had time to learn to cook, budget, or learn a new language?
- Basic Cooking Skills by Gordon Ramsey
- Watch the South Shore Bank Financial Education Presentation for Massasoit that was held in Fall 2019.
- Learn how to budget with YNAB – You Need A Budget. College students get a free one year membership.
- Learn a new language for free with Duolingo.
More fun things to do!
- Visit Hogwart’s Digital Escape Room
- Have a Netflix Party with friendswhile watching your favorite shows together!
- Choose from 17 Broadway plays and musicalsthat you can watch on stage from home. Musical television more your thing? Find your next show to binge watch on the list of 11 musical TV shows.
- Create a collaborative playlistwith your friends.
- Need a new book to read? Borrow an ebook from the Boston Public Library. Don’t have a BPL library card? Sign up for an e-card.
- Watch a Ted Talkon a topic of interest.
- Take up a new hobby like crocheting, or choose from thousands of other tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Listen to a live recording from the Seattle Symphony.