Recruitment & Posting Policies
Massasoit Community College provides a job and internship listing database, Handshake, as a free service for employers. All employers have access to Handshake through the following website: https://app.joinhandshake.com/login.
If you already have a Handshake account, please add Massasoit Community College to your list of schools that you are interested in work with. You can then make your job and internship listings available to Massasoit students and alumni and gain access to registering for any of our upcoming Massasoit job and internship fairs.
To ensure fair and ethical recruiting on our campus, we have implemented the following recruitment and posting policies:
- Massasoit Community College Career Services staff works only with employers who comply with EEO and Affirmative Action principals.
- Massasoit Community College Career Services welcomes employers to register and use the Massasoit Handshake job bank to post their job openings.
The Career Services Office will not list a position if:
- Employers do not accept the Career Services Recruitment and Posting Policies by clicking the agree box on the Massasoit Handshake database
- The rate of pay does not meet Massachusetts state minimum wage requirements as stated per the Massachusetts Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- The position(s) requires a fee/payment or investment for the student
- The employment opportunity involves on-campus solicitation or on-campus sales
- The posting company is unwilling to provide information about their services and or specifics about the job opportunity
- The third- party recruiter does not disclose (in the posting or to the student) the name(s) of the client(s) that the third-party recruiter is representing and to whom the students credentials will be disclosed
- Employers do not provide information to the Massasoit Career Services Office on students hired through Career Services, including names, rate of pay, hours worked, and beginning dates as requested
- The opportunity is for in-home or home based services, i.e. elder care, lawn care, home improvements, and babysitting. All opportunities must be located in a commercially zoned space with commercial lighting and facilities.
- Career Services retains the right to refuse, for any reason, any employer the opportunity to post employment opportunities on the job bank
The responsibility for a background screening of prospective employees and employers rests with the respective companies and students, as does the decision to extend or accept employment offers. The Career Services Office shall not accept responsibility or liability for the future actions of either the employer or the employee. The office therefore, encourages all parties involved to utilize discretion and sound judgment prior to entering into an employment agreement.