Financial Aid for Summer Semester
Students who enroll in summer courses at Massasoit Community College may qualify for financial assistance to help pay for those courses.
To be considered for Summer Financial Aid, you must
- Complete a Summer Financial Aid Application
- Be accepted for admission and enrolled in a degree or eligible certificate program for the Summer term. Students who are degree seeking at another institution will not be eligible for aid at Massasoit, nor will students who have been accepted for the Fall 2022 semester.
- Take courses that are required to complete the degree requirements of your current degree or eligible certificate program.
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (returning students only).
- Have completed a 2021 – 2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov, and provided the Financial Aid Office with all requested documentation. The last day to complete a 2021 – 2022 FAFSA is June 30, 2022.
- Check your Massasoit email account frequently. Your Massasoit email account is the primary way the Financial Aid Office will communicate with you.
Types of Financial Aid Available
The Federal Pell Grant Program provides need-based grants to low-income undergraduate students who have not yet earned a bachelor’s or professional degree (or the equivalent from a foreign country). Amounts can change yearly and are based on a student’s cost of attendance, enrollment status and their expected family contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA application.
You may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant for the Summer Semester if you:
- Did not receive the full amount of your scheduled Pell award for the 2021 – 2022 academic year. In general, students who received a Pell Grant for full-time enrollment in the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters will have already received the full amount of their scheduled Pell award.
Did receive the full amount of your scheduled Pell award for the 2021 – 2022 academic year, but enroll and participate in at least six eligible credits across all Summer sessions.
The FSEOG program is a campus-based program that provides awards for students with exceptional financial need. Priority consideration will be given to students who have an expected contribution of $0, are enrolled in at least six credits over the course of the Summer Semester, and who received a Federal Pell Grant during the 2021 – 2022 academic year. FSEOG is awarded during the summer on a funds available basis.
Massasoit Community College Fee Grant is an institutional fund that may be used to assist Pell eligible students with summer tuition and fee costs. MCCFEE is awarded during the summer on a funds available basis.
You may be eligible to borrow a Federal Direct Subsidized and/or Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan if you enroll, and maintain enrollment in, at least six eligible credits over the course of all Summer sessions and you did not borrow your maximum annual loan amount during the prior academic year.
Please see the Financial Aid website for additional information about the Federal Direct Loan program, including loan terms and annual/aggregate limits.
Students who apply for summer financial aid will be automatically offered a Federal Direct Student Loan if they are not eligible for a Pell Grant. Students who would like to accept the loan offered will have to complete a Summer Loan Acceptance Form to confirm the amount that they would like to borrow. Students may also use the Summer Loan Acceptance Form to request an increase or decrease to the offered loan amount, or students may request a loan if one was not initially awarded.
If you did not previously borrow during the 2021 – 2022 academic year, you may also need to complete a Master Promissory Note and Loan Entrance Counseling at studentaid.gov.