Computerized Accounting Certificate Program Outcomes
Back to Computerized Accounting Certificate
Completion of the coursework for the first two semesters of this program provides the students with a College-Approved certificate. Courses completed in this certificate also meet requirements in the Business Administration Careers-General Business and Accounting Option degree programs.
The Computerized Accounting Certificate enables students to:
- Enter entry-level training positions in companies where accounting departments may be specialized or all inclusive;
- Apply select computerized accounting software to analyze and record transactions including general accounting transactions;
- Demonstrate the ability to process accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory control, and/or payroll;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the federal tax structure as its applies to both individuals and corporations;
- Communicate effectively in a professional accounting workplace environment;
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and confidentiality with financial data;
- Display positive interpersonal skills as a member of a business work team.