Culinary Arts Program Outcomes
The Culinary Arts curriculum at Massasoit is designed to provide students with a variety of entry-level culinary skills, enabling them to enter a position in any area of the food service field that they desire. The associate degree curriculum provides them with a well-rounded foundation of both pastry and savory food experiences.
Following these outcomes, graduates of the program are able to adjust to any food service operation. The faculty of the Culinary Arts Program is committed to helping all students in attaining their culinary goals.
- To develop-entry level skills that will enable students to secure gainful employment in the food service industry.
- To develop the qualities needed to become successful at the art of being a chef such as stamina, dexterity, food preparation and presentation, food safety and proper use of chef’s tools.
- To enable students to acquire any new skills in food design and preparation that are needed to succeed in the field.
- To develop the ability to multi-task in stressful situations in order to redirect and make decisions on a moment’s notice.
- To become familiar with purchasing, inventory and cost controls, front of the house operations, and the basic principles involved within these tasks.
- To develop a personal sense of professionalism that will enable the student to have the confidence to understand and maintain the highest standards needed for working in the food service industry.