Diesel Technology Program Outcomes
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:
- Follow safety standards related to the safe functioning in a heavy-equipment shop environment.
- Apply theory and principles for proper maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of systems and components related to the construction, agricultural, marine, and transportation industries.
- Recognize potentially hazardous situations in the industrial workplace.
- Trouble shoots and resolve equipment malfunctions.
- Apply a logical assembly/repair process to repair projects.
- Disassemble and assemble various components used in the diesel Industry to manufactures standards.
- Diagnose and repair electrical components and wiring used in the diesel industry.
- Use manufacturers’ manuals in the performance of assigned work.
- Determine the status of parts for reuse using manufacturer’s guidelines