Human & Social Services Program Outcomes
Graduates of the Human & Social Services Department’s Transfer and Career Options will:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and supervisors.
- Identify, interpret, and adhere to ethical standards for professional behavior.
- Work together with individuals and groups to assess needs, promote strengths, manage problems, set goals, develop or access resources, and implement and assess action plans.
- Communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Develop and implement activities for personal and professional growth in order to maintain professional competency and currency, manage stress, and enhance satisfaction and job performance.
- Evidence civic engagement in their geographical communities or in “communities of affinity” through varied affiliations and activities, (including, but not limited to their placement in community agencies for their field experience course or courses), or via social media experiences.
- Graduates will also
- Successfully transfer to Baccalaureate Degree programs within and beyond Massachusetts.
- Career Option Graduates will also
- Be able to obtain and successfully perform within a variety of entry-level helping positions in areas such as mental health, developmental disabilities, services to children, youth and families, addictions treatment, social services, and gerontology.