Student Trustee Finalists Announced
The Student Trustee plays an important role in the governance of Massasoit Community College and represents the student voice as a voting member on the Board of Trustees. The term of office is one year to commence on July 1, 2021 and end on June 30, 2022. Voting will open on Monday, April 26 at 8:00 am and conclude on Tuesday, April 27 at 5:00 pm. Students, please check your email for the voting link.
|I believe the Student Trustee position to be one of the most important positions a student can hold. My goal since the end of my first semester is to be involved as much as possible with this great organization. I am very passionate about advocating for the student population. Currently, I am the Club Coordinator for the Student Senate and a Student Representative for the Safety and Facilities Committee and Reopening Committee in College Governance. I am running for the Student Trustee position to ensure our college and student population is well represented to the high standard set by our current Student Trustee Cindy Mack. Cindy has exemplified the position and I intend to carry on the torch. Student voices are being heard now more than ever and I am dedicated to ensuring that continues.||I would like to become the Student Trustee because I want to be a part of and have an impact on the Massasoit community. I have been a student senator for two years now and have come to love being a part of the Massasoit community. I know we have many hard working students and faculty and I would like to help improve everyone’s experience at Massasoit. But to give some background on myself, this is my fourth semester at Massasoit. I am a member of PTK, Radio Club, and of course Student Senate. I hope to do the best I can to improve everyone’s academic experience at Massasoit.|
Massasoit’s Student Trustee’s duties include:
- Act as both a voting member of the Student Senate and a voting member of Massasoit Community College’s Board of Trustees.
- Attend all Board of Trustees meetings to present the Student Trustee report and represent the student body’s viewpoint.
- Attend Student Senate weekly meetings and present a Student Trustee report with information relevant to the student body.
- Attend Student Advisory Council (SAC) monthly meetings at statewide institutions of higher learning.
- Attend other meetings and events as needed to represent the student body.