Fire Science Technology Program Outcomes
Back to Fire Science Technology Program
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Explain the history and basic principles of the fire service.
- Provide an in-depth analysis of the principles of fire control through the utilization of personnel, equipment, and extinguishing agents on the fire ground
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal aspects of the fire service and emergency medical service.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of fire development, cause, and prevention
- Apply theoretical knowledge of hydraulic principles to solving water supply problems for fire protection
- Understand the principles of supervision and management necessary for leadership and administration in the fire service
- Know the duties and responsibilities of Incident Command.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills with supervisors, peers and the public.
- Utilize knowledge of building construction principles, fire protection systems, and fire prevention codes to affect safer occupancies
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of fire investigation principles.
Identify hazardous materials, hazardous properties, and successful emergency scene operations.