Mathematics Program Outcomes
Students graduating from Massasoit’s Mathematics Transfer Program should be able to:
- Understand and communicate mathematical ideas effectively, both written and verbally, using
correct mathematical language and notation.
- Build a strong foundation in mathematical theory and technical proficiency across calculus,
linear algebra and systems, and differential equations.
- Be exposed to the basics of mathematical proof, and explore skills needed to prove
- Interpret mathematical results algebraically, graphically, and numerically, and utilize technology
to explore mathematical ideas and solve problems.
- Apply mathematical principles to a wide variety of concrete and abstract problems and realworld disciplines and contexts, and develop critical thinking skills required to solve complex
- Transfer to a four-year institution prepared for success in a higher-level mathematics program
or other related highly quantitative subject.