Massachusetts has a rapidly growing innovation economy that offers a variety of well-paying jobs to individuals with strong quantitative and logic skills. Massasoit’s Associate in Science in Mathematics degree can put you on a path to a bachelor’s degree in mathematics so that you can take advantage of career options in this fast-growing sector. Students who study Mathematics at Massasoit will work their way up to Calculus III, Linear Algebra, and Differential Equations.
An associate degree in Mathematics can be started at any of Massasoit’s three locations and completed at the centrally located Brockton campus. Online, evening, and summer options are available for some courses in the program, allowing flexibility to fit your schedule. Completing your first two years of a bachelor’s degree at Massasoit before transferring can save you up to 50 percent on tuition and fees. Courses you take at Massasoit will transfer to state universities and many private colleges with our state-wide transfer agreements.
The Mathematics Transfer program falls under the STEM Pathway. STEM at Massasoit provides advising, workshops, and the ability to engage in graduate-level research after one semester of classes.
Massasoit’s Math Team annually competes in a national contest sponsored by the American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges. Any Massasoit student, full or part time, who has not earned a two-year college or higher degree is eligible to participate.
Academic MapView Academic Map
- MATH001 - Preparing for College Math I
- MATH002 - Preparing for College Math II
- MATH003 - Preparation for College Math III
- MATH010 - Fundamentals of Mathematics
- MATH011 - Introductory Algebra
- MATH012 - Intermediate Algebra
- MATH060 - Mathematical Literacy for College Students
- MATH115 - Contemporary Mathematics
- MATH116 - Mathematical Experiences for Early Childhood Educators
- MATH125 - Technical Mathematics I
- MATH126 - Technical Mathematics II
- MATH127 - Mathematics for Elementary Teachers I
- MATH128 - Mathematics for Elementary Teachers II
- MATH152 - Topics in Mathematics I
- MATH153 - Topics in Math II
- MATH158 - Introduction to Statistics
- MATH203 - College Algebra
- MATH217 - Pre-Calculus
- MATH218 - Discrete Math
- MATH221 - Calculus I
- MATH222 - Calculus II
- MATH223 - Calculus III
- MassTransfer eligible program