Back to Respiratory Care Program
- Students will apply all modalities of respiratory care proficiently.
- Students will select equipment and troubleshoot in a proficient manner.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate respiratory care safety practice.
- Students will effectively communicate with the physician.
- Students will demonstrate adaptability and flexibility when met with a new circumstance related to the respiratory care emergencies, difficult cases or variations from the routine.
- Students will use effective oral communication skills in the clinical and academic settings.
- Students will practice written communication skills.
- Graduate students will demonstrate involvement in state and national professional organizations.
- Students will discuss the importance of keeping current in the profession.
- Students/Graduates will participate in professional activities.
Program Measurable Outcomes
- At least 80% of graduates will obtain the NBRC CRT credential (3-year average).
- At least 80% of graduates will obtain the NBRC RRT credential (3-year average).
- The program attrition rate will be less than 40% (3-year average).
- The post graduate employment rate will be at least 70% positive placement (3-year average).
- At least 80% of returned graduate surveys rating overall satisfaction 3 or higher on a 5-point Likert scale.
- 50% of the graduates will return surveys (3-year average0.
- At least 80% of returned employer surveys rating overall satisfaction 3 or higher on a 5-point Liker scale (3-year average).
- At least 50% of the employers return surveys (3-year average).
- At least 70% of students graduate on time (3-year average).