Visual Arts Program Outcomes
To prepare fine arts & graphic design students for entry-level positions in graphic design and/or advanced study beyond the Associates Degree by:
- Providing faculty who are experienced professionals dedicated to meeting the needs of community college students by creating a supportive environment necessary for learning visual communication.
- Providing lecture based and didactic instruction in art history and core curriculum studies.
- Providing studio instruction in drawing, color and design, painting, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, photography and graphic design.
- Providing computer laboratory instruction in graphic design, animation and web site design.
- Providing individual and group critiques to discuss specific solutions to visual problems.
- Providing student outcomes that demonstrate an understanding of the vocabulary of artistic and creative expression and competency in the technical skills necessary to express an artistic vision.