Cost of Attendance and Living
In State & Out of State Cost of Attendance & Cost of Living
The following Cost of Attendance is based on full time enrollment for the academic year. Cost of Attendance varies by student enrollment and dependency status. Students who enroll in 12+ credits per semester are considered full time, 9 – 11 credits are considered 3/4 time, 6 – 8 credits are considered half time, and 5 credits or less is considered less than half time. Cost of Attendance will be prorated according to these enrollments. Tuition and fees are subject to increase or decrease within a given year, and are based on Board of Higher Education and Massasoit Community College Board of Trustee decisions.
- In State:
- Total Cost Per Credit: $224
- 3 credit courses = $672
- Out of State:
- Total Cost Per Credit: $430
- 3 credit courses $1290.00
- Online Course Fee: $10.00 per credit applied to all classes taught in a modality that contains an online component.
- Science Course Fee: $30.00 per science class that includes a lab component.
- Paramedic Program Fee: $942.00 per semester for all students enrolled in the Paramedic Certificate Program.
- Vet Tech Fee: $1,000.00 annual fee for all students enrolled in the Veterinary Technology Program, assessed in the Fall semester.
- Self-Supporting Allied Health Programs: In addition to the $24.00/credit standard in-state tuition rate, students in the Nurse Education evening programs are assessed an additional tuition charge of $123.00/credit for Nursing classes taken within these programs.
- Allied Health Course Fee: $20.00 per credit for all Allied Health classes taken by students enrolled in Nurse Education, Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Care, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and Phlebotomy.
- Return Check Fee: $10.00
- Transcript Fee: $3.00
Students who are enrolled in a degree or certificate program and are registered in at least nine credits are required to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP), or provide proof of comparable coverage. The annual premium for this plan, offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA, is $3,858.
Students who already have health insurance comparable to the SHIP are not required to enroll and may waive the insurance premium from the MyMassasoit portal by selecting “Health Insurance Waiver” from Student Self-Service. Students who have MassHealth are not required to enroll in the SHIP and may waive the insurance charge, with the exception of students who are enrolled in Children’s Medical Security Plan, Healthy Net, or MassHealth Health Plan, as these are not considered qualifying plans.
***Students registering for credit courses at Massasoit Community College are required to complete the Massachusetts Community College – In-State Tuition Eligibility Form. Students who do not complete this form will be charged the higher non-resident rate for tuition.
*For assistance with Federal Financial Aid please contact Rebecca West Coordinator of Financial Aid. firstname.lastname@example.org
*For assistance with Disability Counseling please contact Jennifer Pike Coordinator Access 7 Disability Resources. email@example.com
*For assistance with advising & military benefits please contact Brian Schilling Veteran Services Coordinator or Sarah Comeau Career Development/Veterans Affairs Counselor
- Estimated amount of student loan debt the individual would have upon graduation: N/A
- Job Place Rates for Graduates: Currently do not track.
Acceptance of Transfer Credits including military credits:
Military Service Credit is reviewed when The Veterans Center Staff at Massasoit Community College receives a student’s Official Joint Service Transcripts.
Any additional requirements including training, experience, or examinations that are required to obtain a license, certification or approval for which the course of education prepares the individual. For up to date information regarding any additional requirements for your career path, contact your department or Veteran Services Coordinator Brian Schilling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post 9/11 GI BILL General Information (PDF)
Dean Katie Ruggieri: Dean of Science and Mathematics
Dean Rita Jones- Hyde: Dean of Humanities and Communication
Dean Michael Roggow: Dean of Business and Technology
Dean Karyn Boutin: Dean of Public Services and Social Sciences
Dean Catherine Powers Ozyurt: Dean of Allied of Nursing
Dean Carine Sauvignon: Executive Dean-Canton
Massasoit Community College allows students enlisted into the Armed Forces, including reservist and National Guard to be readmitted if students are unavailable or must suspend enrollment due to serving within the Armed Forces.
Massasoit Community College allows students in the reserves and National Guard to be absent to attend training weekend/Annual Training without being penalized or removed from class. It is recommended to ALL student not to register for any 5-week summer course if their annual training will take place during this time.
* It is the student’s responsibility to register for courses and to notify academic counselor if seeking readmission. VA benefited students with complete document to verify which benefit they are using as to where Veteran’s Services Staff review courses.