The Elementary Education department provides career and educational opportunities for a diverse group of learners who wish to pursue teaching as a career.
The Associate in Arts in Elementary Education meets the requirements of the Elementary Education Transfer Compact as well as the MassTransfer Compact of the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education. Students who graduate with the degree can then enter a Massachusetts state college or university’s Elementary Education program as a junior.
Upon successful completion of the Elementary Education degree program, students will:
- Be able to demonstrate learning in the area of educational philosophy and history
- Have and demonstrate skills in the Liberal Arts
- Be culturally responsive and effective educational pre-practitioners
- Meet published requirements for entrance into state college or university elementary educations programs at the junior level
- # MassTransfer eligible program
- * Selective admissions program
- ^ Not Financial Aid Eligible