UMass Community College Advantage
The state’s 15 community colleges and the University of Massachusetts have partnered to offer the Community College Advantage Scholarship (CCAS).
The CCAS is designed to incentivize highly talented community college students to finish their associate degree at one of the Commonwealth’s 15 community colleges, and then complete their bachelor’s degree at one of the four University of Massachusetts campuses. The CCAS would retain diverse talent in Massachusetts, ultimately applying their talents to the state’s workforce, while offering community college students the opportunity to complete their bachelor’s degree with guaranteed financial support.
The community colleges and University of Massachusetts will begin offering the CCAS scholarship in Fall 2024.
What to know about the CCAS Award
- Guarantees students in the top 10% of their community college graduating class automatic admission to the University of Massachusetts and a minimum $2,500 per semester ($5,000 annually) for a total of at least $10,000 for the students’ final two years of college, awarded at the University’s discretion.
- Students remain eligible for additional aid based on individual circumstances.
- The CCAS is designed to supplement federal and private grants awarded to the student.
Fall 2024 Eligibility
To be eligible for the CCAS, students must:
- Complete their degree in the top 10% of their graduating class at their college, which will be calculated as of the end of the semester prior to the UMass financial aid priority deadline (Students applying for Fall admission must have been in the top 10% of their class as of the end of the Fall 2023 semester).
- Complete the 24-25 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or equivalent state financial aid application.
- Be eligible for in-state tuition.
- Have earned 45+ credits that are transferable to UMass
- Be on track to complete their associate degree prior to the Fall 2024 semester.
We can’t wait for you to get started on your pathway to the bachelor’s degree program you want through the UMass Community College Advantage.
Have any questions?
Don’t hesitate to contact us at the Massasoit Admissions Office:
508-588-9100 x1411 or AdmOffice@massasoit.mass.edu