Individuals who meet certain criteria are eligible to take one training course for free. Please reference the guidelines below to see if you might qualify for a free training program.
Underemployed is defined as:
- working only part-time or
- working full-time earning under $15 an hour or
- if your yearly salary meets or is under 60% of your county’s median income [see table to the right].
If you meet the underemployed criteria noted above or you are unemployed, then you will need to submit proof using one of the following options:
- The first page of your 1040 Massachusetts or federal2022 tax return or
- A letter from the MA Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development, Department of Unemployment Assistance. (Click unemployment letter to learn how to request the letter.) or
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) or Women’s, Infant & Children program (WIC) eligibility determination from MA Division of Transitional Assistance. (Contact the DTA Assistance Line at 877-382-2363 for assistance).
MA County Median Incomes
|60% of the Median|