Learner Success Lab
The American Council on Education (ACE) Learner Success Lab is an inclusive learning community that provides leadership for a systematic and collaborative approach to learner success at Massasoit Community College. Participants in the Lab will work as a leadership team to develop both a strategy for comprehensive learner success at Massasoit, as well as a means to assess our achievements.
The work of the Massasoit Lab team will be directed by:
Dr. Slandie Dieujuste
Vice Provost for Student Affairs/Dean of Students
Professor, English Department, Modern Languages Department, and Academic ESOL Coordinator
Director, Advising, Career and Transfer Center
Dr. Pamela Witcher
Vice Provost of Academic Affairs
The Learner Success Lab at Massasoit is overseen by ACE Lab Advisor Dr. Annette Parker, President of South Central College in Minnesota.
The charge of the Massasoit ACE Learner Success Lab Leadership Team is to:
- Serve as leaders by ensuring that Massasoit works together as a campus to develop and implement an integrated learner success strategy;
- Provide oversight of the work of the Learner Success Lab Steering Committee;
- Serve as the liaison between the steering committee and the campus to maximize campus-wide ownership of the planning process and implementation of the plan;
- Create a culture of involvement and participation during the planning and implementation process; and
- Provide oversight in executing, evaluating and refining the plan.
Massasoit’s ACE Lab Advisor will conduct virtual site visits in January and February.
Role of the American Council on Education
ACE will assist Massasoit in the following activities:
- Review current institutional activities related to learner success;
- Identify challenges and obstacles;
- Develop an action plan and desired student learning outcomes;
- Recommend learner success goals and strategies;
- Define key issues, facilitate dialogue, promote collective thinking; and
- Build support for comprehensive learner success across campus.