The SUCCESS Scholars Program welcomes all students in our program who may identify as DACA, TPS or Undocumented to reach out for support. We recognize there are many challenges navigating the college process and hope to help in that journey.

How Tuition/Fees work

For students who are DACA, you are eligible for in-state tuition and fees. You will need to submit the following to be billed as an in-state student:

  • C-33 work permit
  • I-797 (Notice of Action)
  • Proof of Massachusetts Residency (utility bill, phone bill, state ID, etc.)

Unfortunately, DACA and Undocumented students are not eligible for state or federal finance aid (Ex: FAFSA). However, you may be eligible for college-specific scholarships.

Paying for College

Once you know how you will be charged, we encourage you to consider financial opportunities to help pay for college. Consider looking into the MCC payment plan option OR apply for Massasoit Community College Scholarships.

There are additional financial opportunities worth looking into which include the following:

  • As a DACA student, you are eligible for a tuition credit if you received the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship.
  • If you attended Boston Public Schools you may also be eligible for tuition assistance under the BPS Tuition-Free Community College Plan. Contact TuitionFreeCollege@boston.govor call the city hotline at 3-1-1 for more information.
  • The organization Immigrants Rising publishes a list of all scholarships that do not require students to provide proof of residency status. Their list includes names of scholarships, eligibility requirements, student education level, region/state and more. Check out their list here: Immigrants Rising List of Scholarships

If a scholarship’s due date has passed, take note of the scholarship as it may be offered again next year.

Campus Resources

College is a journey meant to be accompanied on. Be sure to utilize the resources on campus to support that journey. If you looking to get help with any of the following areas, consider reaching out to the department for support:

  • Looking for assistance with your degree, academic planning, course registration or majors:
    A: Contact your counselor in SUCCESS! Use Navigate to schedule a meeting.
  • Have questions or need to ask about financial aid or financial assistance opportunities:
    A: Contact our Financial Aid department.
  • Have questions about your bill or account balance:
    Contact our Student Accounts department.
  • If you are thinking about transferring, MassTransfer, selective admissions:
    A: Contact your counselor in SUCCESS! Use Navigate to schedule a meeting.
  • If you want to get involved on campus, student clubs, or student life opportunities:
    A: Visit Student Life to ask about opportunities.

Comprehensive Guide for Undocumented Students

Accessing higher education is a challenge, but with campus resources, tuition support, and community support, international students can make it. The resource page is a comprehensive guide for undocumented students.