About the Unity Center
The mission of the Ida Cerezo O’Donnell Unity Center is to provide students with opportunities to examine and embrace the intersections of their identities, think critically about diversity and social justice, and utilize their unique and collective voices and talents to enact positive change.
Developing engaged learners and leaders that strive for excellence in a global society.
- Advocacy: We believe that advocacy is essential to students’ college and life successes. We empower them with knowledge, skills and opportunities to create a more socially just society.
- Student-centeredness: We believe students are at the core of our work; we are invested in their academic and personal success and growth.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in all that we do and we provide opportunities for students to do the same.
- Integrity: We value consistency and transparency between values and actions and strive to cultivate strong moral character in all students.
- Social Justice: We believe in addressing inequity and harm as well as creating spaces and fostering relationships in which power is shared. We promote awareness of all forms of systemic oppression (racism, heterosexism, classism, sexism, etc.) as we reflect on who we are and how we engage with others.