- Why should I consider being part of TRIO?
TRIO is a great program that can help you succeed in college and beyond. We have a wonderful and supportive staff that will give you the time and attention that you may need while navigating your way through the higher education system. We have many services that you can benefit from while you are completing a degree at Massasoit Community College.
- How do I qualify for TRIO?
- It’s easy! As long as you fall into one of the following categories, you qualify:
- First generation college student (neither parent or guardian has completed a four-year degree)
- Low to moderate income (this is based on taxable income)
- You have a documented disability with Access and Disability Resources (according to the
Americans with Disabilities Act).
- How do I apply?
- You can pick up an application at the Brockton campus, or useTRIO Application & Eligibility Form.
- How many students does the program serve?
- We are funded to server a maximum of 180 students per year.
- Is there an age requirement to be in TRIO?
- No, we accept college students of all ages.
- Does TRIO provide financial support?
- We do not provide financial support but we will assist you in finding resources for funding.
- Is this program available on all campuses?
- Students from the all Massasoit campuses are encouraged to apply; however, most services and activities are held on the Brockton Campus.
- Is Massasoit Community College the only college in Massachusetts that has this program?
- There are 22 TRIO Student Support Services programs at colleges and universities in Massachusetts and many more located across the United States.
- Do I have to apply for this program every semester?
- Once you have been accepted into TRIO, you do not have to reapply as long as you continue to meet the minimum TRIO standards to be an active participant and enrolled at Massasoit Community College.