TRIO Student Support Services
The TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) Program is a program focused on helping students to graduate and/or transfer to a four-year institution through 1-on-1 academic advising, workshops and a number of student focused activities.
Who’s Eligible for TRIO?
To receive services from the TRIO Program, students must be:
- Accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at Massasoit Community College
- A U.S. Citizen or registered Permanent Resident
- Highly motivated to graduate and/or transfer to a four-year college or university.
Students qualify for the program by demonstrating academic need and meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- First Generation Student– if neither parent/guardian completed a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution. A student raised by only one parent/guardian who does not have a Bachelor’s degree is also considered a first-generation student.
- Low Income– Based on federal guidelines for taxable income set at 1.5 times the national poverty level determines the income status for a student’s family.
- Disability– Any student with a disability documented with Access & Disability Resources.