While not yet having recovered from state appropriation cuts following the Great Recession of 2007-2009, Massachusetts public higher education institutions face even deeper cuts in fiscal year 2021 and beyond due to the effects of COVID-19.
Massasoit Community College prides itself as an economic engine in southeastern Massachusetts. We supply a steady flow of qualified, well-trained individuals to the workforce and increase corporate and consumer spending in the region. Massasoit enriches the careers of students who earn an associate degree by increasing their lifetime earnings by more than $450,000. Moreover, Massasoit benefits society as a whole by creating a more prosperous economy, more tax receipts through increased earnings and spending, and improving our students’ lives.
To continue to add value to our local community, Massasoit turns to corporate partners who play a substantial role in supporting our mission. Corporate giving contributions can help students in the following ways:
- $500 covers nearly all of the in-state tuition for a year
- $1,500 covers the estimated yearly cost for books and supplies
- $3,000 covers nearly all the estimated full cost of tuition, books and supplies, and transportation for a year
Investing in Massasoit and the students we serve can be accomplished through the following programs:
- Educational Enrichment Fund – provides financial support for extra-curricular and co-curricular enrichment programs like research, internships, study trips, and leadership development seminars
- General Scholarship Fund – provides financial assistance to students who have difficulty financing the cost of their education
- United Student Fund – provides financial assistance in the form of food vouchers, bus passes, or temporary living expense subsidization to students facing a financial emergency that might otherwise prevent them from continuing with their education
- Area of Highest Need – this unrestricted fund allows the college flexibility to direct the funds to those areas of greatest institutional priority and unforeseen needs not addressed by other restricted funds
Thank you for considering a corporate gift to the Massasoit Community College Foundation. An investment in Massasoit is an investment in the economic vitality of the region.