United Student Fund
The United Student Fund was created to assist Massasoit Community College students who encounter an unforeseen financial emergency or catastrophic event which would otherwise prevent a student from continuing their education at Massasoit. These funds are not intended to be used for routine expenses or as a consistent supplement to a student’s education funding sources. Requests must be urgent in nature. Thus, the fund cannot be awarded to cover tuition and fees, previous college debts, legal costs and fees and other expenses deemed by a review committee to be ineligible.
Consideration will only be given to applicants that have experienced an UNFORESEEN financial emergency and/or catastrophic event. The USF provides financial support when they need assistance with unexpected emergency expenses surrounding situations such as accidents, illnesses, death of a family member, transportation issues, fire damage or need for temporary housing or any other emergency that interferes with their ability to attend classes at Massasoit (ie. Transportation).
To be eligible for consideration a student must:
1. Be currently enrolled in Massasoit Community College
2. Demonstrate financial need—Financial aid verification, Unemployment status etc.
3. Funds should be made available on a one time basis for students who are experiencing financial hardship due to the cost of healthcare, books
The United Student Fund will award up to a maximum of $500 per student. The student may not receive more than one award in an academic year. Amounts to be awarded are determined by:
1. The emergency issue being addressed
2. Health Insurance (Up to the cost of health insurance as required by the college)
3. Cost of books, based on the financial aid department’s determination of books for full or part time status