Academic Advising FAQs
- How do I know which courses I need for my program?
Required courses for my program.
- How can I track/see my degree progress?
Tracking my degree progress.
- Will these courses I want to take apply to my program?
DegreeWorks Look Ahead
Please reference our Course Elective Guide to see which subjects satisfy which electives.
- How are classes being taught?
Courses will be offered remotely in several different formats: In-Person, Online, Video Conferencing, and Hybrid.
View format definitions here.
- How do I register for a course in the portal?
Course Registration Tutorial
- How do I register for a course if I do not have access to the Massasoit Portal?
Please reference the How to Register instructions on the Registrar’s page. For further questions, please contact Student Central.
- I tried to register for a course through the portal, and it will not let me.
- Areas covered:
- Hold on Account
- Course full
- Add/Drop deadline
- Accelerated Writing
- What if I want to adjust my schedule after I’ve registered?
- What if I want to change my program?
- Step One: Watch the What If Tutorial featured in DegreeWorks. This video will help you understand how to use the “What If” scenario and will show you which courses satisfy the requirements within a different academic program.
- Step Two: After reviewing the video, if you decide that you would like to change your program of study, please connect with an academic advisor to process this request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What if I want to change my program to an Allied Health program? What should I do?
- How do I find out who my advisor is?
How to Find Your Advisor Tutorial
- How do I make an appointment with an advisor?
How to schedule an appointment (PDF)
How to schedule an appointment (video)
For a complete list of all tutorials, visit our Massasoit Community College Advising & Registration YouTube page.