Welcome to Academic Advising at Massasoit!
Academic advising interactions directly impact your success and attainment of your academic goals. This syllabus is designed to guide academic advising interactions throughout your experience at Massasoit.
Academic Advising at Massasoit is an active, intentional, and ongoing partnership among students, faculty, and staff that is grounded in teaching and learning. Advising is a supportive collaboration designed to create relevant, diverse, and comprehensive educational experiences that empower each student to succeed.
As a result of the academic advising process you will be able to:
- Understand how your academic program will help you achieve your educational goals
- Have a general understanding of college rigor and academic expectations.
- Understand curricular requirements in your chosen academic program in order to graduate as expeditiously as possible.
- Be aware of campus resources that will support your academic success.
- Understand Massasoit academic policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate responsibility for academic success by participating actively in the advising process.
- Advocate for yourself.
Student Learning Outcomes established 2021 as part of the Academic Advising Curriculum.
What advisees (you) and advisors can expect from one another at advising interactions
|Will take ownership of your academic plans at Massasoit.||Will advocate and empower advisee to create their academic plans.|
|Will be prepared to collaborate in the planning of your goals.||Will be knowledgeable on all Massasoit academic policy and procedure.|
|Will check your Massasoit email account and communicate with your advisor on a regular basis.||Will collaborate with advisees and communicate with them regularly to generate solutions to challenges.|
|Will check with your advisor before making major changes such as withdrawing from a course, changing programs, or transferring.||Will be able to articulate the downstream impacts of changes to an advisee’s original plan.|
|Will arrive on-time for appointments and communicate in a timely manner if circumstances change.|
Your Semesterly To-do List
|Before your first semester|
|Beginning of every semester|
|End of every Semester|
|As you prepare to graduate (after 80% course completion in degree works)|