COVID-19 Updates
COVID-19 related information and resources for the faculty, staff, and students of Massasoit Community College. Read More

The following are the requirements for enrollment as an International Student at Massasoit Community College. The Admissions Office must receive ALL of the following documents by the stated Fall or Spring deadlines in order for an application to be considered complete. A thorough review of applicant admissions materials will be conducted before any decision on acceptance is made. All application deadlines are final.

Admission Deadlines

Fall Semester
July 15 (students outside U.S.)
August 15 (students within U.S.)

Spring Semester
November 30 (students outside U.S.)
January 2 (students within U.S.)

  1. Submit an Application for Admission
    1. Read the information on each page of the application carefully and fill out the application completely.
  2. High School and College/University Transcripts
    1. Submit an official evaluation of your secondary school (high school) transcript and/or diploma.All academic documents must be evaluated by a certified evaluation company. Commonly used services for educational evaluations are:
    2. Submit an Official copy of your Post-Secondary school (college/university) transcript(s) with diploma, if applicable. College transfer credit will be potentially awarded only with an Official College Transcript and an evaluated document.
  3. Proof of Financial Support
    Students/sponsors must show that there is financial funding available to support the student while in the United States by completing the following

    1. Complete the Massasoit Certificate of Financial Support which must be signed by the sponsor and notarized. (The form is included in this packet).
    2. Submit a notarized bank letter with letterhead and signature from bank showing a minimum amount of $24,000.00 U.S. dollars in the sponsor’s account (see page 8 of packet)
    3. Note: Both of the financial support documents described above must be dated within the last six months
  4. Proof of English Proficiency
    Evidence of English proficiency in one of the following ways:

    1. Submit a score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 477 on the paper-based test (PBT), 153 on the computerized test or 53 on the Internet TOEFL test (iBT) is required.
    2. Submit a score from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A minimum score of 4.5 is required.
    3. An acceptable score on an English Proficiency Test administered by Massasoit’s English as a Second Language Department.  This test is available only if you are presently in the United States. Please call 508-588-9100 x 1790 to schedule an appointment.
    4. Submit an Official Transcript indicating successful completion of an academic
      program of study conducted entirely in the English language.
  5. International Information Form (Included in packet)

Additional Admissions Requirements for:
B1/B2 (Visitors Visa)    J-1 (Exchange Visa)    Transfer Students

If you are in the United States at the time of submitting your admission application, please submit a valid:

Passport, Visa and I-94 card

B1/B2 Visa – If you are on a B2(Visitors) Visa and plan to stay in the United States, you must request a change of status to a F-1 student visa upon fulfilling and receiving acceptance to Massasoit Community College.  B Visitor Visa holders are not allowed to start classes or by in an Associate Degree program until notification of his/her change of status decision.

You must be in valid B Visa status in order to apply to Massasoit Community College.  If your B Visa is out of status, we will not process your application.  If a person’s I-94 Card has or is expiring before the semester he/she wishes to attend, the student is encouraged to either file an extension of his/her B Visa or return home to apply for the F-1 Visa.

The process of applying for a change of status takes a lot of time.  Change of Status cases are adjudicated by the United States Immigration Customs Enforcement and require specific Government paperwork to be completed by the applicant.  In some cases, it is strongly recommended that the student returns to his/her home country of origin to apply for an F-1 Visa without doing a change of status in the United States.

If you are denied change of status from B Visa to F Visa, you must follow all USCIS instructions given to you on your I-797 (Notice of Action) and you will also not be able to be in an Associate Degree program at Massasoit Community College based on USCIS regulations on B Visa’s and pursuing an Degree Program.  The Massasoit Admissions Office DOES NOT process visas or change of status requests (although information and forms may be obtained from the admissions office).  Massasoit is not responsible for any change of status decisions.

The Final Admissions Deadlines for B1/B2 Visa holders:

Fall semester: May 15
Spring semester: October 15

J-1 Visa- If you are on a J-1 (exchange) Visa, you must apply for a change of status to a student visa (F-1) before your J-1 visa expires.  If you have a J-1 Visa that has expired, you have a 30 day period to change status before being considered out of status. J-1 Visa holders should follow the regular Fall and Spring International student admissions deadlines.

Transfer Students- If you are an International Student attending an United States College or University please submit along with all other application requirements, a copy of your current SEVIS I-20 Form from the school you currently attend.  Before being accepted to Massasoit Community College, you and your current College or University must complete the Massasoit Transfer Form in order to ensure SEVIS transfer compliance.

The Final Admissions Deadline for Transfer Students:

Fall semester: August 15
Spring semester: January 2

If you fall under a different visa category than listed above, please contact the Admissions Office for further information and details.

Please note: A Valid I-94 Card is essential for admission and must be presented if the applicant is applying within the United States and/or on a current Visa.  If the I-94 length of stay has expired, Massasoit cannot admit the student unless extension of stay has been granted through the U.S Government.

Massasoit Community College is authorized under the United States Federal Law Immigration and Naturalization Act to enroll non-immigrant alien students. Therefore, the College will accept applications for admission from non-immigrant aliens. College admission requirements and the College academic calendar are available from the Admissions Office, which also provides application, credential deadlines and enrollment dates for International Students