COVID-19 Updates
COVID-19 related information and resources for the faculty, staff, and students of Massasoit Community College. Read More

Bathroom and Locker Room Use

All students may utilize bathroom or locker room facilities on campus that are designated as gender-neutral or that are consistent with a student’s sincerely held gender identity. Use of a bathroom or locker room by any student for an improper purpose will result in disciplinary action, up to and including expulsion.

Changing Biographical Data

The following process is followed when any student seeks to change his or her biographical data as provided and maintained in College records.

Legal Name – A student’s legal name shall be used on all College documents, systems and communications external to the College and/or where a legal name is required.  Examples include, but are not limited to:

  • Financial Aid records;
  • Student Accounts records;
  • Student Personally Identifiable Information;
  • Student Directory information;
  • Payroll records;
  • Health records;
  • Official transcripts;
  • Federal immigration documents; and
  • Interactions with government

In order for any student to change their legal name on College records, a student must present a certified copy of a court order or other legal document indicating a legal name change has been granted.

Preferred First Name – The College recognizes that some students may prefer to use a first name other than their legal name to identify themselves. As long as the use of a preferred first name is not for an improper purpose, the College acknowledges that a preferred first name can and should be used where possible in the course of College business and education.

Students may use a preferred first name wherever a legal name is not required on internal documents, communications, systems, and web portals.  Examples include, but are not limited to:

  • Student identification cards;
  • Email and calendar entries;
  • Class rosters and advisor lists; 1
  • Learning Management Systems; and
  • Diplomas, awards, and

1 At this time, certain class rosters and advisor lists will include your preferred name. The College aims to include your preferred name on all rosters and lists as soon as possible.

To request a preferred first name, a student should complete the Preferred First Name Change Form.

Sex Designation – In order for any student to change their sex designation in official College records, a student must provide a certified copy of a court order, or other legal identification, such as a Massachusetts driver’s license, reflecting the change in sex.

Updated September, 2019