The Veterinary Technology department at Massasoit Community College offers a 2-year, comprehensive, AVMA-CVTEA accredited program leading to an Associate’s Degree in Applied Science. The program is designed to prepare students to enter the workforce as a veterinary technician by providing valuable education and experience.
How do I apply to the program?
The Veterinary Technology Program is now accepting applications for Fall 2020 admission with an application deadline of Monday, July 6, 2020. Applicants who need additional coursework to complete their prerequisites for enrollment can do so during the Spring or Summer I semesters. For information regarding the application process, visit the selective admissions page under Admissions.
It is mandatory for those who wish to be considered for admission to attend a Veterinary Technology Program information session. To see when information sessions are being held and to register, visit the Information Session Schedule page. A brief tour of the Vet-tech lab will also be provided at the end of the information session.
How do I prepare for the program?
In order to be accepted into the program, students must have completed the following prerequisites:
- Attend a mandatory Veterinary Technology Program Information Session.
- Intermediate Algebra (MATH112) or achieve a score of 72 or higher on mathematics placement testing.
- Developmental English courses (ENGL091 Preparing for College Reading I and ENGL099 Introductory Writing) or achieve a minimum score of 68 on reading and 3 on writing placement testing.
- Biological Principles I (BIOL121) or have passed the Biology Challenge Exam.
- General Chemistry or equivalent course
- Students who enroll in the program are charged a program-specific fee of $1,000.00 per year, in addition to the regular tuition and fees at Massasoit.
- # MassTransfer eligible program
- * Selective admissions program
- ^ Not Financial Aid Eligible