What Is Degree Works?
- Degree Works is a web-based tool that will provide a clear and convenient method for students and advisors to track degree progress, to prepare for registration, and to plan for graduation.
- Degree Works is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions.
- Degree Works provides information in a more user-friendly, interactive and readable format than our former program requirement sheets in the portal.
- Students and advisors will have the ability to develop long-range degree completion plans through Degree Works and incorporate those plans in student audits. Planning semesters will help both advisors and advisees connect and communicate effectively.
Degree Works for advisors:
- Reduces paperwork and manual program requirement sheets
- Offers the advisor the opportunity to discuss “what if” scenarios for students interested in other programs
- Supports more timely degree certification
- Facilitates the course selection process to free up more time for more personalized advising
Degree Works for students:
- Clearly identifies the requirements needed to complete a degree
- Allows students to view courses and GPA
- Offers a GPA calculator
- Shows how coursework could be applied towards another major using the What If option
- Helps map out a multi-semester plan for meeting academic goals
- Allows direct access to multiple related services and advice through hyperlinks to catalog information, class schedules, help desk services, and FAQs