Early College Multiple Measures
Dual Enrollment and Early College students enter Massasoit through the Office of Early College Access (ECA). Dual Enrollment students consist of high school students either individually enrolled in college courses, or concurrently enrolled in contract courses through their high school, who are not participating in a designated program or pathway that can/will culminate in college credential or college degree attainment. Students will earn college credit and, at the high school’s discretion, may also earn high school credit for college courses taken.
Early College students consist of high school students concurrently enrolled in contract courses through their high school and are participating in a designated program or pathway that can/will culminate in college credential or college degree attainment. In most instances, students will earn both high school and college credit for college courses taken.
Students who enter Massasoit through the ECA will be placed using the criteria linked below. Students who do not qualify for GPA, test score, or prior coursework review for placement, or those who would like to reassess, will be required to use Massasoit’s College Placement Test to determine course placement. Placements through the Multiple Measures for Early College/Dual Enrollment Guidelines using GPA, PSAT, and review are valid for one year from the date the assessment was completed. Scores for the College Placement Test are valid for five years.
- Students who do not meet other measures can complete the Accuplacer test. Click to complete Accuplacer Testing.
- Students who choose to use the Accuplacer for placement are encouraged to take the test as soon as they can. It can take a while to get an appointment. If you do not hear back within one business day, please reach out to Nadia Dos Santos directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (508)588-9100 X 1938
Below you can find more resources to help students prepare for the Accuplacer test:
- Download the ACCUPLACER Study Guide
- Viewing this video will help students understand the testing procedure:.
- Math Placement study Guide/ Next Gen Study Guides (PDFs):