Transition to College FAQ
What is the Transition to College Program?
Transitions to Community College is a free program designed to help prepare Adult Learners for successful transition to a college degree or certificate program at Massasoit Community College. All courses and books are paid for by the Transitions Program.
What types of courses will I be taking?
- College Success Seminar – Required course
- College Credit or Certificate Courses of Student’s Choice
- Reading and Writing Workshops
- Fundamentals of Math and Algebra Workshops
- Digital Literacy Workshops
*Students who complete the Transition to Community College Program will have earned college credits they can apply toward a college degree or Certificate!
- How do I know if I am eligible for the program?
View our Transition to Community College page then Contact Nancy Milka, Educational & Career Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Aspinwall, Director of Adult Basic Education Programs at email@example.com
- How much does the program cost?
Classes, books and materials plus local transportation (BAT passes) are free to qualified students.
- How long is the Transition to College Program?
Two to three semesters.
How do I benefit by participating in the Transition to College Program?
You will develop the academic skills necessary to succeed at College level to continue on toward a college degree or certificate program at Massasoit Community College.