Transition to Community College
The Transition to Community College Program at Massasoit’s Brockton Campus is designed to provide support and college credit courses to adult learners making the transition from Adult Learning Centers to Community College. The program prepares Adult Learners for a successful transition to a college degree or certificate program at Massasoit Community College. This program is funded by a grant from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. And it is FREE to all who meet the eligibility requirements.
During Covid-19 the Transition Program is online or using video conferencing.
Students interested in the Transition to Community College Program must meet the following criteria:
- Have been enrolled in an ESE funded Massachusetts Adult Basic Education ESOL or HiSet (GED) program
- Have a Photo ID
- Be a Massachusetts resident
- Have a GED/HiSet or are near completion or be an ESOL student with a high school diploma from their native country
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to read at a college level as determined by a standardized assessment
- Be able to participate in postsecondary level academic classes conducted in English
Free Services for Students Enrolled in the Transition to Community College Program:
- Personal Educational & Career Advising
- College Success Seminar – Required course
- College Credit or Certificate Courses of Student’s Choice
- Text Books and Materials
- Reading and Writing Workshops
- Fundamentals of Math and Algebra Workshops
*Students who complete the Transition to Community College Program will have earned college credits they can apply toward a college degree or Certificate!
Educational and Career Advisement Services for Students Enrolled in the Transition to Community College Program:
- Personal Educational & Career Advising for students as they work to achieve their goals.
- Assessments designed to help students set educational and career paths as well as life goals.
- Student orientation, referrals to college support services include:
- Financial Aid, personal tutoring at the Academic Resource Center (ARC), Student Advising & Counseling Center, College Health Services
- Among other college programs and services.
Assistance using electronic resources available through the Massasoit Library, MyMassasoit portal, and Online learning.