Transition to Community College
The Transition to Community College Program is held at Massasoit’s Brockton Campus. It is designed to help prepare Adult Learners for a successful transition to a college degree or certificate program at Massasoit Community College. This program is funded by a grant from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. And it is FREE to all who meet the eligibility requirements.
Students interested in the Transition to Community College Program must meet the following criteria:
- Have been enrolled in an ESE funded Massachusetts Adult Basic Education ESOL or HiSET (GED) program
- Have a Social Security Number & Photo ID
- Be a Massachusetts resident
- Be an American Citizen OR have a permanent residency status (“Green Card”)
- Have a GED/HiSET or are near completion or be an ESOL student with a high school diploma from their native
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to read at a college level as determined by a standardized assessment
- Be able to participate in postsecondary level academic classes conducted in English
- Be available Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings between 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., September through May.
Free Services for Students Enrolled in the Transition to Community College Program:
- Personal Educational & Career Advising
- 3-Credit College Experience Course – Required course
- 3-Credit Computer Technology Courses – Required course
- Beginning Windows
- Beginning Microsoft Word
- Beginning Microsoft Excel
- 3-Credit Personal Finance Course
- Reading and Writing Workshops
- Fundamentals of Math and Algebra Workshops
*Students who complete the Transition to Community College Program will have earned 9 college credits they can apply toward a college degree!
Educational and Career Advisement Services for Students Enrolled in the Transition to Community College Program:
- Personal Educational & Career Advising for students as they work to achieve their goals.
- Assessments designed to help students set educational and career paths as well as life goals.
- Student orientation, referrals to college support services include:
- Financial Aid, personal tutoring at the Academic Resource Center (ARC), Student Advising & Counseling Center, College Health Services
- Among other college programs and services.
- Assistance using electronic resources available through the Massasoit Library, MyMassasoit portal, and Online learning.