The biotech/pharmaceutical industry is the fastest growing sector of the Massachusetts economy. Massasoit can give you the foundation for a path to a bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences and the variety of career options in this dynamic and rewarding field.
An Associate degree in Biology can be started at any of Massasoit’s three locations, and completed at the centrally located Brockton campus. Online, evening, and summer options are available for some courses in the program, allowing flexibility to fit your schedule. Completing your first two years of a bachelor’s degree at Massasoit before transferring can save you up to 50 percent on tuition and fees. Courses you take at Massasoit will transfer to state universities and many private colleges with our state-wide transfer agreements.
The Biology Transfer program falls under the STEM Pathway. STEM at Massasoit provides advising, workshops, and the ability to engage in graduate-level research after one semester of classes. Small class sizes make it easy to build connections with peers and faculty. You will be immersed in a learning environment that is built for student success.
Academic MapView Academic Map
- BIOL115 - Survey of Human Form and Function
- BIOL121 - Biological Principles I
- BIOL136 - Human Genetics
- BIOL137 - Human Genetics Laboratory
- BIOL138 - Introduction to Human Nutrition
- BIOL139 - Nutrition Lab
- BIOL140 - Introductory Biology
- BIOL141 - Introduction to Marine Biology
- BIOL142 - Laboratory for Introduction to Biology
- BIOL143 - Issues in Environmental Science
- BIOL201 - Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL202 - Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL231 - Microbiology
- MassTransfer eligible program