Transfer Credit for Admitted Students
Don’t Miss Out On Cash for College.
File your 2020-21 FAFSA today. Download the myStudentAid app or visit fafsa.gov to get started. Read More
Massasoit requires students to complete at least one quarter (25%) of the credits of the first associate degree at Massasoit in order to graduate. The 25% minimum residency requirement can be superseded by individual program requirements (review the program’s academic map for more detail). Requirements for a second and/or subsequent degree require at least 25% of the second degree be unique to the program. For certificate programs, at least 50% of the courses must be completed at Massasoit.
For credits to transfer, the courses must have been taken at an institution accredited by one of the six regional accreditation agencies in the United States. Credit earned at international institutions not accredited by one of the six regional United States accreditation agencies may transfer after review and recommendation by the appropriate department chair. Massasoit requires official transcripts from the institutions where credit was earned for credit to transfer, and only college-level coursework will transfer.
The student must provide sealed, official transcripts and/or certificates for evaluation by the Admissions Office before transfer credit can be awarded. Transcripts in any language other than English must be accompanied by supporting official translation into English. Additional information may be required of the student.
Massasoit requires the following criteria for transfer credit:
- Courses graded C- or above (courses graded as pass/fail will require documentation of actual grade earned; audited courses will not be accepted in transfer)
- Courses designated as 3 or more semester hours
- College-level courses (developmental courses will not be accepted in transfer, but may be considered for placement purposes)
- Advanced Placement Exam scores must be 3 or higher to receive credit (Advanced Placement high school credit will not be accepted in transfer). Some departments may require a higher score for transfer of credit.
- CLEP score must be 50 or higher to receive credit; students may receive additional credit for higher scores for some exams.
Once transfer credits are awarded, the student will receive a transfer credit evaluation of which courses were accepted in transfer and their Massasoit equivalents. Transfer credits are identified with a grade of “T” and are not calculated into the GPA.
Important to note when reviewing your transfer credits: not all courses accepted for transfer may be applicable to every program.
If you have any additional questions about transfer credit, please call our office at 508-588-9100 x1411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently enrolled students, students with foreign college credit, and students with military transfer credit should contact the Registrar’s Office at 508-588-9100 x1949 or email email@example.com.