Follow these simple steps for a successful enrollment at Massasoit
- Official final high school or state-approved high school equivalency transcript
- Official college (via Clearinghouse or Parchment) and/or military joint services transcript(s), if applicable
You must be admitted to an approved program or certificate to be eligible to receive financial aid.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at studentaid.gov, by the priority deadline for the semester you are enrolling:
- Fall Semester: July 1st
- Spring Semester: November 15th
- Financial Aid will contact you if additional information is needed. Follow all instructions they provide.
3. Complete Course Placement
508-588-9100 X1991 | massasoit.edu/placement
Massasoit offers two ways to complete course placement:
Multiple Measures: In many cases, you can place into college-level English and Mathematics based on your high school GPA, SAT scores, ACT scores or previous college-level courses. Visit www.massasoit.edu/multiple-measures to see if you meet the criteria for placement and to learn how to submit documentation for review.
College Placement Test: If you do not meet the multiple measures criteria, or if you would prefer to change your placement, you can schedule an appointment to complete the Accuplacer exam. To schedule your exam, please visit www.massasoit.edu/schedule.
4. Submit Immunization Records
508-588-9100 X1495 | massasoit.edu/immunizations
General Immunizations: Massachusetts requires all full-time students (those taking 12 credit hours or more) under the age of 30 and all students on a visa provide proof of immunization for measles, mumps, rubella; tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (tdap); hepatitis B; varicella; and the meningococcal vaccine.
Completed immunization documents can be confidentially uploaded to the Dean of Students Office via Secure Document Upload. To download and complete the Immunization Form visit the Dean of Students page and select the, Health and Wellness drop-down, Immunization Upload button. Documents may also be mailed to:
Health & Wellness Coordinator
Massasoit Community College
1 Massasoit Blvd
Brockton, MA 02302
5. Activate Your MyMassasoit Portal
508-588-9100 X1139 | mymassasoit.mass.edu
MyMassasoit is the online student portal for the college. Through MyMassasoit, you can register for courses, access your online course spaces in Canvas including New Student Orientation, view your schedule, grades, and bill, check your financial aid status, make payments, and more. Follow these steps to activate your MyMassasoit account:
- Go to mymassasoit.mass.edu
- If you have never logged into MyMassasoit, or have previously attended Massasoit but have not logged in within the past two years, you should click on the First Time Users link and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your account. You will need your Student ID Number, found at the bottom of your admission
- For login issues, contact the Help Desk at HelpDesk@massasoit.mass.edu or call the number listed above.
Students admitted into a degree or certificate program are required to complete New Student Orientation (NSO). To receive your invite via email to NSO, you must have your course placement completed (see step 3 above). The NSO program consists of two parts:
NSO Part I: This self-paced online course is your introduction to the college community.
NSO Part II: At the end of NSO Part I you will be directed to register for NSO Part II. In this Zoom session you will learn about the academic advising program and meet one-on-one with an academic advisor to review your career and educational goals and select and register for your courses.
Log into MyMasssasoit to view your tuition bill, your financial aid award or authorize financial aid, make payment, set up a payment plan, waive your health insurance or authorize Financial Aid Course Protection (FACP) if applicable. Log into my.massasoit.mass.edu, go to your Student tab and complete your actions by selecting links from the Registration & Financial Services menu on the right.
- Health Insurance: State Law requires all students registered for nine credits or more to carry health insurance (Fall and Spring semesters only). Massasoit provides the minimum required coverage for an additional fee through gallagherstudent.com. If you have your own health insurance and wish to waive this fee, select the Health Insurance Waiver option from the menu and follow the instructions. You will need information on your Health Insurance Card to complete this process.