The “C” of the ACT Center stands for Career Exploration. Choosing a career path can be an overwhelming task, and the ACT Center is an invaluable resource for any student needing career information and exploration. Advisors collaborate with students in their career decision-making process, and help them assess their career interests and values, select a program of study as it relates to their goals, and research specific careers.
For assistance with Cover Letters, Resume Writing, Job Search Tips and Internships, please visit Career and Internship Services.
The Student Career Exploration Process
- Complete our Career Assessment, FOCUS 2to learn more about yourself.
- If you would like to enroll in our free Career Exploration Workshop (for current Massasoit students only), to provide you additional support with the Career Exploration process, please complete this form, and within a week you will be invited to the Canvas course.
- Research your results and potential majors and careers using FOCUS 2and other Career Exploration Resources.
- Tip – Identify and research 3-5 career paths and occupations that are a good fit.
- Familiarize yourself with possible programs of study by checking out Massasoit’s Programs of Study.
- Meet with your assigned advisor to discuss your goals.