Choosing a career can be an easy task for some students, while for other students, the task can seem overwhelming. No matter which perspective a student may take towards career decisions, the Advising, Career & Transfer Center is an invaluable resource for any student needing career information and exploration. Academic advisors collaborate with students in their career decision-making process, and may help them assess their career interests and values, select a program of study as it relates to a career, and research specific careers and their outlook in the workforce. There are numerous tools that counselors may employ when working with students regarding career exploration
Not sure what to major in?
Complete the FOCUS 2 Career Assessment today!
FOCUS is a self-paced, online career and education planning tool for use by college students.
What can I expect when I use FOCUS2?
- It takes about 40 minutes to complete
- You can spend more time researching different occupations
- You can view over 300+ occupational videos
- You will get job outlook and salary information
- Learn what skills are needed to be successful in a given occupation
To get started on FOCUS:
- First time users: Create a new account. Use the following ACCESS CODE when prompted: Massasoit
- Returning users: Log on (using the account you have already created)
What’s next after I complete FOCUS2 ?
- You will have received a great deal of information about potential jobs and majors
- Remember to save occupations (job descriptions) that you are interested in exploring further
- The best way to sort through all of this information is with the assistance of an academic counselor
To schedule an appointment with a one of our academic counselors, please contact us at 508-588-9100 x1411 (Brockton) or x2114 (Canton); or visit the Advising, Career & Transfer Center on either campus!
Career Advising Resources
- Americas Career Infonet
This website provides you with career exploration and job search tips.
- Career Stories
Career Stories gives real-world career descriptions and insight collected from interviews of working people in 200+ different careers.
- Healthcare Professions Guide
This link provides a list of healthcare professions with the level of education needed, description of career and salary information.
- MassCIS Website
MassCIS provides free career assessments and career planning tools, free of charge.
Username: Massasoit Community College PW: Massasoit#1
*Be sure to “Create a portfolio” if you want your results saved.
Research occupations and find out more regarding their outlook, salary and what you may be interested in majoring in.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- What Can I Do With a Major In…?
These websites provide career job titles that are associated with a specific major.